What are the minimal system requirements to run xPUD ?
An optimum system for xPUD would have an Intel Atom CPU, at least 384MB of RAM and an Intel graphics video chip.
Xpud needs 50 Mo of hard drive free space or USB stick of at least 50 Mo to be installed. Of course it runs on other hardware too, but you might need to download additional device drivers.How can i install and use xPUD ?
Please check the installation section
of the forum.How to update GRUB or GRUB2 ?
* GRUB : Edit in /boot/grub/menu.lst file.
* GRUB2 : Edit 40_custom file in /etc/grub.d, add your menu-entry lines, save and change the file to be executable. Run update-grub command.Wait until it reads all the config files in the /etc/grub.d folder and generates the new boot menu. Check the grub.cfg file for the new menu entry.Which packages are available for xPUD ?
* core : Firefox (version 3.5.5), xterm command line, Xorg X window system (version X11R7.5)
* media : gnome-mplayer media player (version 0.9.8)
* apps.opt : epdfview pdf viewer (version 0.1.7), geany text editor (version 0.185), gpicview picture viewer (version 0.2.1), pcmanfm file manager (version 0.5), transmission bittorrent client (version 1.76)
* codecs.opt : audio and video codecs
* driver.opt : additional drivers
* dropbox.opt : dropbox (version 0.6.1)
* OOo.opt : Openoffice.org (version 3.1.1)
* skype.opt : skype (version 2.1 beta)
* xbmc : xbmc media player and manager (version 9.10) How can i install extra package from opt-get store?
You can either use the graphical opt-get from settings tab, it will download and install packages. You can also use opt-get command from the command line, this option allows you to pre-download the packages.
You can also copy the opt files in /opt folder and the files will be auto-loaded , or use initrd= bootoption during boot (or add it to your boatloader).
How can i help ?
* make xPUD popular - write about it (twitter, blog), show it to your friends
* translate xPUD's user interface (Plate UI) or update existing translations
* test xPUD on different devices and report issues
* fix reported issues (intermediate Linux knowledge required)
* join xPUD development team and help us improve xPUD (intermediate Linux and/or HTML/CSS/JS knowledge required)How can i report bugs ?
Use our bug tracker : http://code.google.com/p/xpud/issues/listHow to roll-your-own xPUD ?
tool is used to build custom xPUD image. You can find detailed usage instructions in mkxpud's documentation. Instructions on setting up build environment and building xPUD are located here .